Online Casinos Tasmania
Tasmanian gambling fanatics from Hobart to Devonport are often confused as to why there are two land-based casinos on the main island but no online casinos based in Tasmania...or anywhere else in Australia for that matter.
The answer is that the legal status of online gambling in Australia makes it impossible to establish an online casino within the country's borders. Those who do so risk being shut down, heavily fined and/or forfeiting their profits.
That does not, however, mean that Tasmanian gamblers can't enjoy some online gambling action at an online casino hosted elsewhere in the world! Our reviews team has put together a shortlist of the top sites available on this page, including their choice for the overall best, Jackpot City.
- On this page you'll find the best online casinos Tasmania, handpicked by our expert reviewers, who tested them for:
- Size and ease of redemption of bonuses
- Number and diversity of casino games
- Quality of banking options and customer support
Best Tasmania Online Casinos
Online Gambling In Tasmania
Currently, the Tasmanian Gaming Commission does not regulate online gambling—only land-based gambling like casinos and horseracing are the TGC's jurisdiction.
For now, you'll need to turn to one of the thousands of international online casinos out there who have made it easy for Aussies to gamble there by:
- Offering AUD for payments and withdrawals
- Providing either 24 hour support and/or a dedicated support team for those in Australian time zones
- Accepting Australia/New Zealand only payment methods such as POLi
- Featuring pokies and other titles that players in Oz will recognise from their nearest local land-based gambling venue
You'll be very pleased to know that no-one in Tasmania, from Launceston to Hobart, or the rest of Australia, has ever had any legal trouble as a result of playing at an international online casino.
And, more good news, you don't have to pay tax on any of your online gambling winnings. Bonza!
No one in Tasmania, or the rest of Australia, has ever had any legal trouble as a result of playing at an international online casino.
Finding A Great Online Casino In Tasmania
We don't just list any casino we stumble across on this page; hours of research go into each one of our casino reviews, and we look at all sorts of factors such as:
- Their casino software of choice and the range of games they have on offer
- Which payment methods are accepted and how quickly they pay out
- The value of their welcome bonuses and other promotions
- How easy it is to make deposits and start playing
We've spent a lot of years reviewing and rating casinos, so we know a good one (and a bad one) when we see it. Listed here are, in our collective opinion, the best online casinos for Tasmanians to play at.
History Of Gambling In Tasmania
Tasmania and gambling may not seem particularly like they go hand in hand, but any gambling fan should know about the importance of Tasmania in Australia's rich gambling history.
The Wrest Point Hotel Casino, still operating today, was Australia's first legal casino and was opened in the early 1970s. Far from seeming out-dated or tired, it's as great a place to visit as it was 50 years ago!
You can also find The Country Club, a popular resort and casino, on the other side of Tasmania. Even with the presence of these two venues, there's no guarantee that all would-be Tassie players are within driving distance of a land-based casino.
For that reason, we think it's absolutely worth taking a look at the Tasmania online casino options we've listed above. Offline casinos have advantages of their own but, for convenience and ease of play, it's hard to beat gambling on the web.
Tasmania Casino Map
Zoom in by province: